The AT&T variant of the Samsung Galaxy S3 can now be updated to the latest version of Android i.e. Android Marshmallow. The unofficial build of Cyanogenmod 13 is now available for the Samsung Galaxy S3 which will bring android marshmallow in the device. If you are using the US variant of the Samsung Galaxy s3 which is based on AT&T network you will be able to enjoy Android marshmallow on it. There are some things which are working after flashing the rom and some are not working, however we expect the developers to fix these issues with the future updates.
If you want to install Cyanogenmod 13 on Samsung Galaxy S3 you need to make sure that your Galaxy S3 is rooted and you are having a custom recovery installed on your android smartphone. Once you are sure about both these things you can start the procedure to flash Cyanogenmod 13 on Samsung Galaxy S3. Please be advised to do this procedure on your own risk , despite the fact that we have done it without any problem.
Must Read: CYANOGENMOD 13 | CM 13 New Features
- It is very important that your Samsung Galaxy S3 smartphone is having battery backup of 80% or more.
- Make sure that you are having root access on Galaxy S3 and a custom recovery like TWRP or CWM is installed on it.
- Create backup of all the data which is present in your device before starting the flashing process.
- This method will work only on Samsung Galaxy S3 i747. Go to Settings > About Phone and check the model number of your device from there.
- Make sure that the drivers of Samsung Galaxy S3 are installed on your computer.
- Download the ROM file from here and the GAAPS from this link.
How to install Cyanogenmod 13 on Samsung Galaxy S3
Follow the step by step guide shared below to install Cyanogenmod 13 on Samsung Galaxy S3.
- Copy both the ROM file and GAAPS in the internal memory of your Galaxy s3.
- Once both the files are copied switch off your Samsung Galaxy s3 smartphone. Now turn on your galaxy s3 smartphone in recovery mode. Press and hold Volume Down + Power key and you will enter the recovery mode on your Galaxy S3 smartphone.
- Once you are in the TWRP recovery menu tap on the Wipe button and then select advanced wipe. Also select dalvik, cache, data and system from here and swipe the button to confirm.
- Now you are ready to flash the rom file. Go back in the TWRP recovery menu and then tap on install button. Locate the Rom file which you copied and then flash it by swiping on the screen. Within minutes Cyanogenmod 13 will be flashed on your Galaxy S3.
- To flash the GAAPS, again go to Install and browse GAAPS. Flash the file and all the Google apps will be installed on your device.
- Once again perform dalvik cache and wipe and reboot your Samsung Galaxy s3.
Now you are ready to use your Samsung galaxy S3 with CM 13 ! .